Hi and welcome to Counseling Services of Denver, private practice of Susan Terkhorn. I am a sex and relationship therapist who helps individuals, couples and families find connection, healing and personal growth within themselves and with those that are closest to them.
My passion is helping my clients overcome the obstacles in their lives that often leave them feeling stuck, helpless and disconnected. I have experience working with couples, families and individuals experiencing communication issues, sexual issues, depression, past trauma infidelity, sexual dysfunction and sexual and gender identity concerns.
In addition to my training as a therapist I often draw on my life experiences to guide my work.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- AASECT Certified Sex Therapist
- Nationally Certified Counselor
- MA University of Northern Colorado in Clinical Mental Health Counseling – Couples and Family Track
- Denver Family Institute – Two year academic and clinical certification in systemic and relational therapy
- Level 1 Gottman Certified Couples Therapist
- Extensive Training in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)